Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, what can i say, Mr Hacksaw and I have had an entertaining day, just a shame that I dont have any suitable filler, paint or natural DIY aptitude

The benefits are:

1. The lights fit properly in the bumper again
2. The bumper fits properly on the car again
3. The intercooler can now get more of that nice cold air too it
4. It must be a good 1kg lighter :D

The downside:

1. It now looks like the front of my car was modelled by a blind retard with a chainsaw

Oh well, you live and learn.

Paul

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Buster did his, funny coz he didnt say it was easy either.

Fibre Glass repair kit required, to fill those awkward gaps. May have some left over if you want it, but not sure how much left over.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually its not soo bad... fortunately:D

I didnt have time to glass the gaps but i will get to that next weekend (chortle, yeah right...) In fact it was a pity to have to affix the number plate again it looked much more aggressive without it, still it and its mount are now fully removeable :D

Shame the camera isnt here or id pop up a piccie

Paul

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
**Barf!*** :D

that may have something to do with it, we did look at lots of options

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
right, piccies

Paul

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
looks ok to me, another religous statement from the Hacksaw wielding pope.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alex,
I made that braket with the peice i cut off :D

Paul

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Now then, what the Buster did was to turn the bracket up the other way, so that the number plate doesnt cover the hole that you have just made.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Buster, I remember, i tried th plate in all sorts of positions but for most of them it just looked odd to me... like i said plate and braket held on with two 12mm nuts and bolts easily accessible should they be required to come off

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Oh yes , just a casual observation, it took me ages to find out the best position for me, ( I am still talking number plates by the way ) mine is held on with velcro, pity the bastid had'nt fallen of just before that front facing camera on the A43

1 - 14 of 14 Posts