Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got feed up with my gear stick gaiter looking a mess because it doesn`t fit properly so i used a sheet of carbon to tidy it up a bit.

Was it worth doing ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I think it looks great :)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks GB, The next step is to get hold of some carbon tube to mod the shifter itself.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
it does look nice.....

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rest of the dash is a pre made stick on kit but it is real carbon fibre unlike the cheap ones . I know you can buy a kit that looks all most the same as this one for about £50-60 but i`m not sure how good it is. The kit i have costs about £145 and as far as stick on kits go i think it very good.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will look out the details and post them up in the morning if it helps.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I will look out the details and post them up in the morning if it helps.

PLEASE DO !!! I have been looking at my tired sad looking crap plastic dash for the past week wondering wether to take it out and spray it or something, That looks great and would be much better option :D

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will do mate, Some owners don`t like the look of stick on dash`s, but as it`s real carbon it looks very good and it`s alot cheaper than having to send you whole dash off to be carbon covered.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Carbon dash kit

Here`s the link that should take you to a gts-t spec 1 dash kit. I have taken a couple of pic`s to show the whole of my dash, there is a section that comes with the kit to go around the gear stick ,mines just different because i`ve been messing around with it .

http://www.nicenewcar.co.uk/parts/part-1927.html

Attachments

·
big ginger one
1,744 Posts
cheers mate thats next on the list after my wedding

is it easy enough to fit had one for an mr2 which was a right pain as you had to heat it up and mould it in place

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It`s very easy to fit and they is no need to warm it up at all ,( at least i didn`t need to ).

The only difficult bit was having to remove the rubber covering from the dash plastics first.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys, I hope the link is of some use to you . As i have said you can get them for less money on ebay but i`m not sure if the finish is the same , or indeed if they are real carbon. Going by the price i would say not knowing just how much real carbon costs plus how difficult it is to work with.

If anyone would like me to email them some more detailed photos of the dash please let me know.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts