Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i brought a set of wheels from here ages ago and i've had nothing but issues to fit them lol.
Here we go.
1) Got the wheels and wheel specific wheel nuts but as the wheels were from an RX7 the wheel nuts were wrong thread.
2) Couln't get the wheel nuts anywhere in 1.25mm thread
3) Realised i'd need a minimum of 15mm spacer to clear front breaks on my 33 as the wheels are 35offset
4) couldn't get 15mm bolt on hubcentric spacers with 1.5mm threads
5) Had to buy longer studs in 1.5mm thread to replace the nissan 1.25mm threads.
6) Then realised i'd have to drill the rear stud holes out to 14mm as they are diffent spline size to the front stud holes :gay:
7) Managed to find some slip on spacers left over from my old s14 so i could fit my front wheels.
8) after much phoning and hassling the good people at jdm garage in devon who had as much hassle with stuff turning up as i had trying to get my wheel on the car lol, they made me some 20mm hubcentric spacers with 1.25mm nuts and 1.5mm studs and did them for easily the cheapest price around at the mo. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED GUYS. Thanks peeps :cheers:
9) Spacers turned up promptly and after trimming down the studs (would have been right length for normal wheel nuts) i fitted the spacers to rear hubs and put my 9j *** packet size dish wheels on.........................................................only to now need an arch flare.

WHY OH WHY DO WE DO IT TO OURSELVES LOL

Heres some pics of them fitted lol

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah i wanted wheels that would be diffrent from the norm on a skyline lol. plus i'm a sucker for dish haha.
Nobody else i'm sure would go through this much hassle for gay offset wheels lol

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha kinda started as a drift mascot theme when i had my s13, sierra and s14a.

Then just turned into a general mascot lol. Me and my girlfriend were both sporting spongebobs but i decided patrick was soooo much cooler lol.

I think the mascot thing is basically something i do with all rwds now that i hang the arse out in. The cars not mine obviously lol

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol yeh big time. hopefully have the arches flared tuesday or wednesday so i can concentrate on getting it lowered. its actually lower than it looks in that pic as i had the car jacked up for ages so the suspension hadn't settled when i jacked it down.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol i brought the wheels off a guy on here and even though i knew they came with wheel nuts i just assumed i'd be able to use skinny wheel nuts in nissan thread, never for a second expected the wheel nuts to be so strange lol

Live and learn though lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts