Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fitted new clutch last week and swoped the gear box oil but now the handebrake light stays on all the time ?? first it was flicking on and off now its on all the time ?? cheaked all the plugs that go to the box etc but they look fine ??
anyone have any ideas on what to look for ?

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
the switch for the handbrake is around the handbrake handle itself. Take out the armrest section and the switch will be revealed....

I thought my handbrake was a physically a little loose and it was one bolt holding the mechanism in was missing and the other very loose, Fix that and tightened the cable at the same time - small 10mm nut on one side of the handbrake...

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
funny how its only started doing it after new clutch and gear oil etc ??

its not anythin to do with the gear oil level is it ??

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
Check your brake fluid level too... :D
close but the clutch flud is seperate im sure.... however check the fluid level anyway cant hurt.

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
close but the clutch flud is seperate im sure.... however check the fluid level anyway cant hurt.

Agreed it's kinda unrelated to the work that was done, but it would be the first thing I'd check if my handbrake light was doing that. Only takes a minute... :D

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
Agreed it's kinda unrelated to the work that was done, but it would be the first thing I'd check if my handbrake light was doing that. Only takes a minute... :D
if all else fails pull the bulb out it lol :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts