Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My handbrake is sticking right up in the air when it's on and sometimes even then it can roll back so I think it's about time I replaced the handbrake shoes.

They're for a 33 GTR and can anyone recommend a place to get them from?

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
Don't adjust the cable but what you can do is adjust the rear shoes since Nissan were clever enough to make an adjustable knurled nut and catch so that you could adjust the shoes since in theory they should never wear out since all they do is hold the disc and not help with the braking.

So adjust first before spending money

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Don't adjust the cable but what you can do is adjust the rear shoes since Nissan were clever enough to make an adjustable knurled nut and catch so that you could adjust the shoes since in theory they should never wear out since all they do is hold the disc and not help with the braking.

in an ideal world,if the handbrake as been used for drifting/handbrake turns then they will be worn,cables do stretch so yes adjust shoes 1st as speedy says

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Where is this adjustable nut? Can you point me in the right direction?

Cheers buddy ;)

T

·
0 Posts
Wheel off, rotate the disc so the rubber grommet is at the bottom. Remove it then get a torch and a flat head screwdriver and you'll see the gold adjustment nut you need to adjust. Don't go too far though eh. :)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wheel off, rotate the disc so the rubber grommet is at the bottom. Remove it then get a torch and a flat head screwdriver and you'll see the gold adjustment nut you need to adjust. Don't go too far though eh. :)
Thanks for the advice mate.

I saw the rubber grommet when i had my wheels off last week. Took it out as well but didn't see anything. It was at the top though so that's why.
Gonna give it a go after Christmas Day.

Funny, didn't realize that, in theory, they should never wear out !!

T

·
0 Posts
They don't unless you drive with the handbrake on or are a professional drifter. :D

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
Most common fault with rear shoes is no body adjusts them so you have no handbrake and then people go out and buy stuff they don't need.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have a fazer 1000 exup
Lovely bikes. A re-tuned R1 with more midrange and less top end.

Funny really, my Exup is 21 years old but still scares the **** outta me. That's why I love the Skyline. It gives you a big grin, just like the bike does :)

Only car to have done it imho ;)

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Lovely bikes. A re-tuned R1 with more midrange and less top end.

Funny really, my Exup is 21 years old but still scares the **** outta me. That's why I love the Skyline. It gives you a big grin, just like the bike does :)

Only car to have done it imho ;)
mines an o4 model with exup removed because it seized and i have an xs1100sf 79 model,and thats why i bought a skyline because i couldn't ride a bike for long with dodgy fingers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts