Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people! may sound like a silly question but wondered if anyone knew the best way to make my r33 gtst handle better? now before you all scream coilovers i didnt want the ride any harder or lower (believe the car has lowering springs fitted) but just kind or stiffened up in general, body flex/roll etc? already have a front strut brace btw! much appreciated!

·
I'm bringing sexy back
962 Posts
If you want things stiffened up change the spring rates to 5.4kg/mm front and 4.7kg/mm rear. All the bushes will need to be changed in the arms to a polyurathane material or similar, but if you can push to adjustable pillowball arms then all the better.

Upgrade the anti-roll bars (whiteline is a good choice) and the drop links, but most importantly (in my opinion) spend a good bit of money on the tyres. At the end of the day its the only part of the car connected to the road

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers for the sound advice mate! have you done any of the above to your gtst?

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I didnt want Coil overs as well as i didnt want it very low and to hard, what Nismo Wookie has said is just about spot on, good tyres, you've got a front strut brace add a rear as well, also White line uprated Sway bars there next on my list, i've also got Tein springs, some spacers on my alloys, i've also added Nismo bushes all round as they were only £9 each from abbey.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have done a bit a chassy work to stiffen my car. I added all the bushings as said, rear subframe alluminum collars, arc fully adjustable sway bars, cusco 7 point roll cage, do-luck floor bar. Cusco makes a nice 3 point strut tower bar for the rear end that I have fitted. Running the car Hasemi sport coilovers, with 265/35/18r Re01R tires. She sticks good. No roll in the chassy that is noticable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts