Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
616 to 150bhp :(
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to safely use a 4 point harness in the car for trackdays, but after reading the no no's of mounting the harnesses using the mounts under the rear bench, I found this....

Clicky

I'm only an occasional trackday'er, but wanna be as safe as poss without having to install a cage.

Opinions please.

Thanks.

PS: If they're any good......GROUP BUY?

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
I've bolted mine into the rear seat belt points under the rear bench, I really don't see the problem with there, admitedly higher would be better, most friends use a top mount rear strut brace to mount the harness to.

I'd rather be using my points than that bar, it really doesn't look particular strong or have great mounting points.

·
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bruce....but then you risk the fact that your shoulders and spine could take the impact, no? Well that's what I read and it makes sense.

I wasn't intending to mount onto the bar, but the use the bar as a pivot point then down to the rear bench to finish. Sorry, didn't make that clear.

·
Premium Member
4,906 Posts
Your head and shoulders will always take the forces of sudden Deceleration unless yo fit a hans device or simular,
The rear seat belt mount points are made to take these forces and are reinforced/Strengthened, Mine are mounted there my mate an his group N rally car are mounted there (MSA Logbooked) so really it's the best mounting points.
The only oher place I would mount Harnesses would be to a Special designed rollcage with Harness attachment points
http://www.slmotorsport.com/images/carpics/aboutcar/Rollcage21.jpg

·
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any further comments on these guys? Found a pic of one mounted in a Skyline and it looks pretty damn sturdy to me.

Here's another one (not in a Skyline), but shows the harnesses mounted.

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
Never did get around to it no. Now the car if ****ed and is being broken :(
thanks and sorry to hear about your skylline :(

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
if you're worried about rear seatbelt mounts not being strong enough then drill and plate the floor where you want to attach them.... use big washers so you spread the load

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.