Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one on here got 20" wheels on a R34, if so are there any clearance issues and a pic would be good. Cheers :alco:

·
Premium Member
4,906 Posts
I have seen 19's on and they fit ok if not lowered too much,
you will have to have a fairly stretched tyre which could make the handling wooly and very hard over the bumps and poor roads we have, not to mention the extra cost of the tyres

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
As long as the over rotational diameter is stock and the weight of the alloy is similar or lighter than stock, you will see improved handling.

The only way I see it negatively impacting handling is if the alloy is heavier than stock. Yes you get a harder ride, but with less flex in the tyre wall you get better grip.

I'm not a big fan of larger alloys on looks alone, but that's a personal preference. It's your car to do with what you want.

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
oh, and with potholes like we have, you may damage them easily without a larger tyre to buffer the hits.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As long as the over rotational diameter is stock and the weight of the alloy is similar or lighter than stock, you will see improved handling.

The only way I see it negatively impacting handling is if the alloy is heavier than stock. Yes you get a harder ride, but with less flex in the tyre wall you get better grip.

I'm not a big fan of larger alloys on looks alone, but that's a personal preference. It's your car to do with what you want.
Thanks for the reply, what you say makes sense. The rolling circumference is within 5mm of stock so less tyre roll just less comfort.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Be ok on track/smooth roads but a lack of flex in the tyre will make it skip over bumps/road imperfections and probably lessen the grip. Look good though!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Be ok on track/smooth roads but a lack of flex in the tyre will make it skip over bumps/road imperfections and probably lessen the grip. Look good though!
Good point, its only a toy and not driven a bad roads that often. I also think they will look good but that is just my opinion. There are plenty of opinionated people on here! lol

·
Premium Member
4,906 Posts
Unfortunately if you post a question you will always get some facts and some opinions lol
wheels are personal and subjective, like has been said it's your car :)

·
Anglian Area Rep
4,562 Posts
I'm running 18s and I'm going 19s
I had 19s on my 33 and it improved handling alot!
I was running tein coilys etc too

·
bla
17,374 Posts
With Deranged here...

20s are gay.. Plus it will slow you down abit.

Most id go to is 18...

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Perfect look and not too OTT.. 19"

Wanting to fit 20" is just chavvy

1 - 20 of 36 Posts