Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
do not remove it as it a brass rescitor to keep the boost level at the factory setting
or remove the whole lot and fit a boost controler

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Howdy Nitesky

This is a the same boost control method that Nissan used on the GTiR. basically they only use standare off the shelf items and the then use a restrictor in the vacuum pipe to restrict the boost curve.

If you remove it you will get higher boost, but it will be VERY prone to boost spike. Or if you just remove all the pipework and fir a boost controller, the control is in your hands...

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think that's the pressure feed to the wastegate actuator, and the little metal thing in the foreground with the two small pipes going in the top is the solenoid that controls low/high boost levels.

If I'm right and you just remove that pipe (or remove it and blank off the little bit sticking out of the induction pipework) then you actuator will never open your wastegate, your boost levels will go through the roof and your engine will go pop.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys , got there in the end , now say i take it out , and it has a hole in , what if say this hole is 1mm and i drill it out to 1.5mm ?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this is on my black car , completely diferent , no restrictor thing ,the blitz is not conected at all . It boosts to just past + 0.5 , but feels much slower , there is also a kind of chuffing noise on boost . This car also has a after market comp .
any sugestions ?

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The R33 GTS-T's have a two stage boost system to help keep the power under control.

stage 1 boost is 0.5 stage 2 boost is 0.7.

What I would guess is that the balck car has had a boost controller fitted at some point and when it was removed not all of the original pipework was there to replace. so it is now only boosting to stage 1 ie 0.5.

if you look on www.skylinesdownunder.com and search for free boost upgrade you will find more information on this pipework and the restrictor therein.

my recomendation however would be to get a boost controller fitted and set it to 0.8 :D

Simon

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
760 mmHG = 1 bar = 14.6psi
you want me to run 0.8 mmHG , no thanks !

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
as far as I understand it the standard max boost for the RB25DET is 0.7 bar.

the generally accepted 'safe' limit is 0.8 bar (on the ceramic turbines)

sorry if I wasn't clear

Simon :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts