Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Yep, it can be done... But can be quite costly... Be better if you can do it yourself...

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, it can be done... But can be quite costly... Be better if you can do it yourself...
As you may imagine I havent had much experiance with skylines but I am quite a competent mechanic. I would have thought that the hubs would have the same size centre bearing and therefore if I can get some from a breaker then it would be a faily easy job. But thats if the centre bearings are the same size. Otherwise the whole front leg will need replacing and the rear sus' will as well?

I might just give it a try.

Off to the sapres department of the forum now to look see whats about. Cheers buddy.

·
Diesel Powered RB25
5,954 Posts
it's exactly the same as pug 106 and saxo hubs. They come in a 3stud and 4stud pattern, and are always swapped to 4's as sourcing wheels is far easier just look around for some am sure someone on here cud help source them.

Put a wanted up or ask.... is it roadrunner not 100% sure

hope it helps

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's exactly the same as pug 106 and saxo hubs. They come in a 3stud and 4stud pattern, and are always swapped to 4's as sourcing wheels is far easier just look around for some am sure someone on here cud help source them.

Put a wanted up or ask.... is it roadrunner not 100% sure

hope it helps

·
Registered
104 Posts
are you talking about switching from the 4 lug to the 5lug hubs???? if so i had to do that. my shell was the base model with the n/a motor. i have had to practically convert the whole car to gts-t. also, when you do the rear you have to leave the e-brake setup from the 4 lug because its a pain to switch it out for the other setup. it works the same. all i did was cut the brake dust cover so you dont have to remove everything. depends on how particular you want to be.

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
are you talking about switching from the 4 lug to the 5lug hubs???? if so i had to do that. my shell was the base model with the n/a motor. i have had to practically convert the whole car to gts-t. also, when you do the rear you have to leave the e-brake setup from the 4 lug because its a pain to switch it out for the other setup. it works the same. all i did was cut the brake dust cover so you dont have to remove everything. depends on how particular you want to be.
Thats the job mate. Was it very hard to do the hubs?

·
Registered
104 Posts
the front is the only hard part if you only have the hubs. for the front you will need the knuckles that the hub attaches to. it will make the job much easier. if you only have the hub though you will need to have the old ones pressed out and the new one pressed in. then just rebolt everything up. when i did it i just swapped everything. i used the entire front assembly with the upgraded brakes from the gts-t. for the rear just remove the calipers and rotors then take the 4 bolts from behind the hub. you will have to turn the axle so that the bolt you are trying to take out have room. if you are mechanically inclined then it should be easy. if you are not i would suggest taking it somewhere to get it done becasue dont forget....this is what is going to keep your car from falling to the ground. to make things easy just get the entire setup from a gts-t and everything should be a direct change out. if you cant get those parts then get the setup from a 300zxtt. its the same parts and will bolt up just fine. i had to use stainless brake lines on the rear becasue the stocks would not fit.

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
vini sorry to hijack ur threads but do u have some close ups of ur wheels as i've just bought the same ones for my Gtst

Cheers Chris
Not yet mate I dont get the car until the weekend. But as soon as I do then I will. Unless you are on about the 300ZX then yes mate heres one. :)

Am off to work now. Will be on this after noon.
And you aint highjacking mate. its all the same susject bud.
vini

1 - 14 of 14 Posts