Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
hwoarang
1,192 Posts
Rich,

You'd be better off removing the centre console and surround and actually spraying it. It'll look much better and you can choose whatever colour you want.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seen, cheers for the heads up.

I may attempt a respray. probably cheaper too - I saw that chap in projects who sprayed his white, looked damn good.

A leather retrim would be nice too when i have spare cash : - )

·
Registered
962 Posts
I was looking at getting one of those kits but they just look shite compared to a respray. I sprayed mine gun metal and it looks the business.

I saw someone with the carbon kit at Japshow and he did a real good job of fitting it and it looked great from a distance but from inside you could see it was a stick on kit and I just wasn't feeling it.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, thanks I thought they might be a bit like that.

With regards to spraying, is there any sort of paint in particular good for plastic? just a couple of coats normally ok? Nothing special I need to be thinking about is there?

·
Registered
62 Posts
The only one you might get away with is the walnut in a merc or a jag as they look close enough for the money but the carbon looks gash.

·
hwoarang
1,192 Posts
Cool, thanks I thought they might be a bit like that.

With regards to spraying, is there any sort of paint in particular good for plastic? just a couple of coats normally ok? Nothing special I need to be thinking about is there?
You can get the nissan silver (cant remember code) and that'll give you the brushed aluminium look. 2 coats should do fine.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Don't get silver..

..on a sunny day you're gonna need sunnies on just to see the road.

I did mine gun metal - looks sweet.

Couple of coats of primer, couple of coats of paint, one of lacquer. Make sure you clean the surface good and proper to get an even coat.

Use the search function, there is plenty of advice on this one.

·
Registered
142 Posts
you should use plastic primer though, or it could start cracking after a while, and wet n dry paper 800 grit before primering it, so its got somethin to stick to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts