Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have experience with the Tomei Hicas Lock Kit?

Thinking about getting one. I don't want to completely remove it from the car, just because I think it's a part of it and I don't want to ruin it's authenticity.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i would definitely be interested in seeing what responses you get on this subject.
i've recently fitted a driftworks hicas delete kit, but i'm wondering if i should use the Tomei kit to trick the hicas ecu (and turn the light out on the dash).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would definitely be interested in seeing what responses you get on this subject.
i've recently fitted a driftworks hicas delete kit, but i'm wondering if i should use the Tomei kit to trick the hicas ecu (and turn the light out on the dash).
The last thing you'll need to do is head into the trunk, under the rear parcel shelf there is a control box for the HICAS on the drivers side, remove the 2 bolts securing it and look at the plug harness. Cut the green wire with the white stripe and tape both ends with electrical tape. This disables the HICAS ecu from reporting any problems. Alternatively you could also just remove the light bulb behind the cluster for the HICAS light but thats not as good as an idea because sometimes the HICAS lamp is used by the ECU in conjunction with other lamps to indicate other problems.

From The SkyLife: Removing HICAS Delete 4 Wheel Steering How to Guide

1 - 5 of 5 Posts