Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
nails85
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how the hell you get the lenses off????? they seem to be bonded on!!! im planning on striping the lenes off and putting angel eyes in them. cheers.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I remember Hi5 posting up advice about removing the lenses
iirc he said to put them in an oven that was swiched off and
in the process of cooling down, to soften the glue used to
bond the lenses on. dont try till someone else confirms it
because there is a chance it could go horribly wrong.

Angel eyes makes me think of Lee van Cleef. 1 Bad MoFo..

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
hot air pistol if you do it carefully

safer way is to remove all cables & clips and put them in an oven at 80°C for 20 to 30 minutes

this will weaken the black glue

you should be able to pry them apart beginning from the grille side sliding it out to the fender side

·
Registered
781 Posts
i was working on some rear lights ( special project )that maccer lent me and to remove the lenses i poped them into the oven @ 110c for 5 minutes and the glue softened of really well

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
you turning your skyline into a bmw?? like this guy who turned his bmw into a skyline??
Ha Ha Ha, this guy was hanging round a group of car fans. Heard them saying how awesome the GTR BMW was, so he quickly ran home, googled GTR and found a Skyline, and turned his 318 into this. Quality:dogpile:

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Angel eyes! :spank:

·
Registered
441 Posts
i modded my suzuki baleno by fitting some

i tried taking off the front lenses but instead i removed the bulb holders and fed in the rings through the hole and tabbed them in place. job done

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hi bertie! Its me chief from CB. I have been trying to find you and finally did!:smoker: I was hoping if you might be able to stop by and do a how to on how you did the headlights for the leno. :feedback: Sorry for the thread hijack!:Uzi:

·
i'm the daddy !!
1,198 Posts
NOBODY TELL HIM HOW TO DO IT !!!!

anyone who puts those chav angel eyes in a skyline is a knob - pure and simple.

honestly it really winds me up the amount of skylines out on the roads that are modified in a cheap and nasty way, angel eyes are just shite and have no place on a skyline, if you do it then you need to be disowned....

have a re-think and stop ruining your car and the image of this beautiful legendary car.

i know everyone has different tastes, but fitting angel eyes would show you don't have any taste, leave them on the suzuki baleno's and on the chav cruise scene where they belong, NOT ON A SKYLINE !!

Andy.

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
I would agree that angel eyes are not the way to go, howeve the fact remains that the standad headlights are sh1te, and i dont fancy paying the best part of £1k to get uprated GTR xenons!

There must be another way???!!!!!

Forum traders take note! Make us something good!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts