Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all!

i've got a problem with my headlights. when my car is stationary and i put the brakes on, my headlights go out. it happens with the foot brake and the hand brake. i don't understand what is going on as the only electrical signal i'm aware of from the hand brake is the handbrake warning light on the dash which doesn't come on when you push the footbrake.

does anyone have any idea what this could be or have any suggestions coz i'm stumped!

cheers peeps!

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
So it doesn't do it when on the move then ?

And yeah as far as I am aware the only wiring for the handbrake is for the light in your dash.

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Check your stop/tail bulbs, wireing to the rear lights, earths etc sounds like its backfeeding from somewhere. It's worth a look!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no doesn't do it when i'm moving fast. only if i am going very slowly or stopped fully. its a bit of a pain when i come up to junctions at night coz they just disappear! not good!

any tips would be useful. i've already checked the rear lights to see if they are blown but they are fine. plus, they don't come on with the handbrake and its doing it when i put that on too! very odd!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts