Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a supplier who can get the hella driving lights for the light conversion on an R34 gtt my local garage who does the conversion cant get any from his supplier at the moment

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
MPS Engineering in Germany can do the headlight conversion for you. Good quality and TUV approved. Also price is not too bad. Give them a try and tell them I sent you. ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought a set of lights off here from a 33 as the garage couldnt get any and took them with the car to get them to fit them to mine simple i thought lol until i phoned them a week later to be told the lights dont fit as they are to big and i would have to wait until they could source another set of lights obviously i wasnt very happy with this so went to see them so they could show me the problem as i was under the impression the hella lights are the same for all models.
when i asked them to show me the problem i couldnt believe it they had tried to fitt the full lens and reflector unit from the 33 as shown.
I had to explain that i wanted the hella light removing from the 33 units a fitting to my lights which i now hope they understand and wont take another week for them to tell me they cant do it

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Autohaus Brommler thought they would be a good choice as it is something they have done a lot of

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just been back to the garage to find out whats happening with my car as they dont phone me and now they are saying another week as there expert is away and they have sent for another set of lights incase the ones i provided dont fit so i asked for my car back and for them to call me when someone is there who can do the conversion to be told i would then have to pay for the stripping and reassembeling of the lights and then pay again when they have someone who can do the job even though they told me to bring it in 2 weeks ago and agreed to fit the lights i supplied i know im not german but i feel they are taking the Piss a bit opinions please what should i do??

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
mate send me the lights and ill convert them for you

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
initial quote was from Euro 800 to a 1000 but that was with them supplying the parts
Jeeesus fu**in christ!!! :eek::eek:

Why didn't you listen to me and go to the guys I told you above?

Would have been waaaaaay cheaper, waaaaaay better and already done!

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Wasn't talking you Steve, I know that you use to get your stuff done your own. :D

Norm asked on this thread where to go and didn't listen. Now he's having probs. Sometimes better to listen to people who know what they're talking about...

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
i know mate but wheres the fun in listening to others :rofl: it happens but the great thing about us is we will be here to help in any way we can :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jeeesus fu**in christ!!! :eek::eek:

Why didn't you listen to me and go to the guys I told you above?

Would have been waaaaaay cheaper, waaaaaay better and already done!
Lol because no one had any lights in stock so was quicker for me to source some and then just easier for me to go to the nissan garage just up the road showed em what i had and what i wanted and they were fine said no problems didnt expect to then get messed about the guy i spoke to even admitted he shouldnt have told me to bring it in when he did just annoyed cos if i want to take it back now i will have to pay for the stripping and reassembly of the lights even though they havent done anything to them

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
just take it back as is mate as they have lied to you and isnt hard to build it up

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Take back and send your lights to the guys I told you. Will still be cheaper and better in the end than getting it done at the place you have them now.

MPS will use their own lenses though, you can not supply yours.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts