Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
N/A is the way forward!
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, wonder if anybody can help with a headlight restoration.
The car has been off the road for a while now and the headlights are quite grubby and don't seem to scrub up when cleaned. Also, there are some splashes of cement on them too :spank: . Can anybody advise on the best way to get them looking good as new again?
Thanks

·
782 Posts
3 grades of wet sand followed by plastx polish with a rotary. Regular wax afterwards theyl be gleaming

Get up to at least 2000 grit paper

·
Registered
202 Posts
Did mine at work a week ago with a machine polisher and some g3, they came up great. Transforms the front end.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Yeah I always use G3 no need for faffing about with wet n dry, unless they are badly scratched/pitted.

·
[OO\SKYLIMO/OO]
334 Posts
Mine were 100 times worse than that, went to a local bodyshop with £20 and boom!
Fully polished and coated lamps, now my HID's are even brighter lol

·
Germany East/Central Nord Rhein Westfalen
3,039 Posts
Turtle wax headlight resoration kit. £10 of eBay 40 mins on your head lights and they will be like new.

I did mine in the summer last year and there still spot on

·
Registered
117 Posts
There's a guy in Australia that does a full restoration kit. It's quite pricey, and I dare say you can get the constituent parts separately over here for much less. Will try to find the link, but basically the process is something like wet sand, polish and then cover with some sort of protectant. Used it once and headlights came up brilliantly. Still looking good over a year on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just bought Megs heavy duty headlight restoration kit. It very easy to use, you just need to follow the instructions and apply the protection once a week, But my problem is it can only clean the exterior part and not the inner part. Any idea how to clean it?

·
rb30 r34, s15 and a trusty daily lexus!
200 Posts
on my s15 i took the complete headlights apart, i 2000 wet and dry on the inner and outer lense and then polished it up.

came up as good as new :) i used new sealant when i put them back together though!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts