Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Just wanted to share a way of getting rid of the yellowish oxidation you can get on the headlight. I took ownership of a 350gt a month ago and the headlights were the one thing letting it down cosmetically. After searching for so headlight restoring compounds and looking for advice on YouTube , tcut was suggested. I laughed at this and went on looking at youtube vids.

Long story short I tried out of boredom I tried tcut. I applied it liberally and using a bit of elbow grease and a microfiber cloth, both headlights came up looking fantastic! All in all it took 10-15 mins from application to finish. It's worth giving it a shot before spending a fortune on restoration or using different grits of sandpaper.

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
T cut, toothpaste, G3 compound, any fine abrasive will work, its a lot easier if you use a polishing mop, saves a lot of elbow grease.

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Mine never went yellow again, same goes for my Supra headlights, machine polished with G3.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Does the T-cut work as a protectant as well or is it just the paste to strip the yellow hazing off?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
just get them machined mopped and glaze polished last 2 yrs if you keep on top of it with polish

welcome to jdm lights

i use farclar G10 fine polish from halfords , i give them a wipe over and buff with that once a month to keep them fresh

machine mop with FINE cutting paste they look brand new ,

be careful with abrasive cutting compounds like T cut , toothpaste and autosol , they look great until the lights are switched on then scratched to hell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts