Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to change my headlight bulbs today while there was a little sunshine. First of all what a PITA they are to get to even with my slender wrists. But lo and behold after removing the wheel just to get at the bloody things I discover the have swapped out the hid's and spliced in h7 bulbs. So while back there I investigated further and the ballast has been removed too.
I also notice I have headlights completely different to every other 350gt ive seen. Mine are definitely stock black insert and do not have the side strip but rather another sidelight bulb in the corner where the fogs are.

Has anyone had this issue...think it may be easier to buy new headlights than try to get the stock ballasts n fit the hids again.

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Post some pics up so we can see, but as I said before it looks like you have some aftermarket US headlights.

·
Registered
219 Posts
They look like genuine '06 later model projector lights that have had the interior painted.
Is the beam pattern/cut off correct?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have not come across headlight that before to me I would have thought they would be aftermarket, but having just searched i think gily maybe right on being later models.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the beam pattern seems correct. I think your right about them being modified as the plastic is slightly melted on the bottom of one (really bugs me to see it)

I'm guessing this makes trying to convert them back to HID even harder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts