Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've already got my headunit installed and working, but I'm just wondering how to clean it up a bit. I went with the 'crimp every wire' method because I'm in the US and couldn't find any adapters for it. What wire(s) would I connect to for power because I have the power running from the fuse box and everytime I turn the car on it resets all the stations and stuff. I tried using the same wire that my turbo gauge had been previously connected to and it wouldn't power the headunit? Any help appreciated on that. Secondly, how do you guys normally mount the headunit? I've heard of using the stock mounting from the original headunit, but mine had some crappy aftermarket headunit to start with, so maybe I could find the stock ones over in the UK? Once again, any help appreciated.

·
RB Killer
1,343 Posts
well to be honest mate the best way to tidy it up is to buy a new harness for your head unit and an iso lead for you car and solder the iso plug onto the standard wiring this will also make it plug and play so u can change unit nice and easy no fuss

as for mounting not sure what has been changed on your so difficult to give advise there

and wiring if u cant find the cars original stereo power wires what u need to do is find a permant live wire on your cars loom usually a few lying about if not run a new one from the battery and connect that to the yellow wire on your head unit and find and ignition live can be found either from cigarette lighter etc or back of ignition barrel and wire that up to the red wire on your head unit earth the black to any good earth and u should no longer have any problems with losing memory hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts