Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why would the left hand side of my car ( as you look at the front of the car from outside) (Bonnet and front wing) be hotter than the rest of the car after a 27 mile journey..? and I mean alot hotter.. almost cant touch it..?

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Paul
That where the rad expansion tank and radiator in feed and probably oil cooler are, there is a larger heat source there. was it a hard 27 miles?

Paul

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Is it to do with the journey you make, the direction of the sun as you make this sojurn the fact that its the summer and longest day and you may have a druid stuck up yer wheel arch

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
good point well made Buster, it may even be down to ley lines, or worse, bad feng shui. My money is on the rad feed pipework expansion tank and oil cooler after all the heat has to go somewhere.

I Like my druids well done anyway :D

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No the expansion tank is on the other side.. its the side where the air filters are... even the wing was bloody hot..

Just never noticed it before...

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I sussed ... been out for a serious blat.. THe fan seems to push the air up this side of the bonnet.Standing there you can feel the air move. plus the air temp under the bonnet ( according to the PFC ) was showing an indicated 67c...

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Right, baste the Turbots and turn em twice, turn up to reglo 7 for 32 miles and they should be ready to serve at Swindon

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Turbos.. basted... with engine oil.. cooked for 60 mins on mark 1.4 and made it to birmingham.. turned heat down to 1.2 for 75 mins and made it home again....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts