Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i had bought a R32 GTS-4 a few days ago and the A/C does not work, also when putting the temp to 32 it still blows out ice cold air. I had did a Climate Control Diagnostics test on it to day and got the following readings:

25 when the HOT switch is pressed once
3 then goes to 30 when the HOT switch is pressed again
41 when the HOT switch is pressed again
5 when the HOT switch is pressed again.

I don't understand any of it, what do I need to do to get my heaters to blow hot air?

·
Germany East/Central Nord Rhein Westfalen
3,039 Posts
Check the FAQ section mate there is a few threads in there. Check at the back of the engine the heater hose. It has a valve in with a cable and these can stick shut.

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
Hi i had bought a R32 GTS-4 a few days ago and the A/C does not work, also when putting the temp to 32 it still blows out ice cold air.
Check the FAQ section mate there is a few threads in there. Check at the back of the engine the heater hose. It has a valve in with a cable and these can stick shut.
aceift - The A/C has nothing to do with this problem (although, there might still be an undiscovered problem with the A/C) - you'll find that out once the heater is working properly. Heater and A/C are completely unrelated.
You may have a blocked heater hose, blocked heater core or a stuck shut valve.

Wild - that valve isn't there on the R32, it's attached to the heater core and only accessible from the inside of the car.
...and a pic for interests sake :)

·
3,039 Posts
Cheers banter I thought they were similar. You learn something everyday.

·
9,198 Posts
No worries :)
Nissan obviously realised it was put in a bad place on the R32 so they moved it on the R33. You R33 owners have it easier when your heater breaks lol

·
3,039 Posts
That's is true but the r32 just have something more special about them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it has just started blowing warm air, but now when i set it to 18 its still warm. is that normal?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as iv got a thread open might as well ad another problem. My awd comes on at times and have checked the attessa in the boot and the light flashed 18 times which comes out to be the ETS pressure switch or circuit. Id like to know where are they located and how to test or fix?

·
9,198 Posts
it has just started blowing warm air, but now when i set it to 18 its still warm. is that normal?
lol no that's not normal!
That symptom could indicate the butterfly valve is now stuck open. Seems likely that valve//rod it's attached to//motor the rod is attached to (pick 1) is either faulty or there is crud in the system stopping it move freely.
I'd suggest you remove both heater hoses from the firewall, get a garden hose and squirt water into the nipple sticking out of the firewall (this is squirting water straight into the heater core to potentially clear any crud within it). Spray water into the other nipple to flush out the other side.
Only problem with this is you'll need to buy more antifreeze and bleed the cooling system once you're done - and it may not fix the problem.

I can't offer any advice with your other problem sorry... my knowledge on the ATTESA system is very limited!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts