Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here goes got turbo elbow down pipe decat fitted and kept getting the old problem thats been covered so many times the hesitation/misfire at 5000rpm, so after cleaning coil packs again and still no joy i purchased the driftworks remote spark kit, fitted it today all looks the dogs took it out for a test run and now its turned into a misfire 10 times worse i cant work it out, my mate said it could be the lambda sensor playing up could this cause this problem?, i am really starting to get pi*#ed off with the car now as since fitting the elbow and down pipe i cant get rid of the hesitation/ misfire.
is there anyone out there can shed some light?:wtf:

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
i would look more at the spark plugs, as everything is more free flowing, and a remote spark kit giving a stronger spark, it may be breaking down in yr plugs, that would be my first mission mate.

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
my first port of call would be the plugs, what plugs you running?

failing that i would look at the lambda sensor or the AFM

but it sounds like a problem on the ignition side of things to me

RSP are doing a great deal on NGK's at the moment http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53938

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
plugs

:dunno: im running denso iq20 at the mo the tubbie is also steel internals and runnig .95 bar, had this problem before the mods and cleaning the coil packs and putting the iq20s did the trick, but could not get my old lambda sensor out when i changed the elbow, got one of a mate but was off a gtr and the plug was different so we swapped the plugs over so not convinced that the lambda is working could the lambda sensor cause it to misfire? or do i need better plugs?

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
I would run different plugs for that boost. Also I expect the AFM is maxed out if its a uprated turbo as the standard turbo is maxed out at about .85/.9 bar.

·
danwhite
156 Posts
got the same problem (ONLY SINCE DE CAT FITTED TODAY?) i get it at about 4.5 to 5.5k then it pulls like stink would changin the plugs help all ?,i have is de cat ,unkown de cat back exhaust and blitz filter ?.

Dan

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update

ok i have now put a new lambda sensor in and a set of ngk irridiams 08 and still got the same problem, so today i fitted a known working afm but had to cut and shut the plug as it was of a series 2 and ive still got the same trouble, its like a intermitent misfire through the whole rev range not just the dredded 4500 - 5000 rpm, if you accelerate slowly its not too bad the car pulls very well but if you floor it it just holds back does a bit of gangaroo stuff then clears gets to about 5000 rpm then its like hiting the redline limiter with lots of popping and banging, anybody got any ideas where to look next?

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
overfueling? could the ECU be doing the old R & R? (the popping and banging suggests this) are you running the std ECU? im no mechanic but i was under the impression that the STD ECU started to struggle at above .9Bar? (and it compensates by huffing the fuel in like no tomorrow)

again i would like to STRESS IM NO MECHANIC!!! so this is just a guess! (please someone correct me if im wrong!)

Cheers
Dazzler

·
Registered
760 Posts
It could be your ECU jibbing out or it could be your CAS (crank angle sensor), this happend on my 200sx, i took it off an the pin that comes out the end of the cam that spins the CAS had snapped an it was just ramdomly chucking sparks into the engine an flames out the back like you wouldnt belive! Its a long shot but it might be, just remember to mark the posision of the sensor before you take it off!

·
Registered
2 Posts
ive just recently had that problem.check mounting bracket for the CAS as myne was in two pieces wen took belt cover off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts