Skyline Owners Forum banner

Hello All (93 ECR33 in Yellow)

450 views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  c_riggan 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello All (93 ECR33 in Yellow, now with PICS)

Hi all,

I am a complete newb when it comes to skylines and turbo cars in general. I used to own a 94 Calibra V6 sold it, and buying this 93 R33 GTS-T. It is yellow in color, has some messed up 17" BBS wheels, And a messed up NISMO body kit. He cliped the bottom of the front bumper off. Interior is Stock with some HKS Guages (loosing those the instant I can) and a big Tach (pointless and in-accurate). She is boosting at 5psi all the way through on the factory guage. Has a FMIC, not sure on size or Brand, but is aftermarket and bigger. Needs new rear Tires. New shift boot, and park brake boot. And has a complete flat spot between 3 and 5k occasionally. I am buying the car for 3,500 dollars or about 2k quid. He originally wanted 16k. The car is not worth even close to 16. Anywho. This is the car

I am American living in Germany. I am part of a car club, AE Motorsports (American-European). There is another member of our club who owns a 96 GTS-T Type M in White and highly modded (510 HP). I have a wife and a 10 week old baby girl. I love my family, then my car (whatever car it may be at the moment). I enjoy outings with the club, and going to races and shows. I wish to learn how to drift, and pick up driving fast (Only twice ever driven a Right hand car, and drive it like I did it all my life).

I hope to drive the Nurburgring enough to maybe get noticed by somebody, even a small sponsor or something for car shows and amature racing.

I love vehicle forums which have a wonderfull community (am on the Clubcalibra.com forums). And will provide what ever experience, for others to maybe learn from. But will also ask of others' experiences with the same motor as mine.

I will post up pictures as soon as I buy the car, then after getting the 400R body kit it so badly needs.

Cheers

Chris

See less See more
#3 ·
I am only 5 hours from Nurburg. Was there a couple weeks ago for the Recaro Tuning Days car show and events. Bunch of Minis from england were there as well. Was quite fun, had some drinks with the mini crew on the camp ground. Thanks for the welcome, and I would love to show to the next Nurburg trip, as I'm only 5 hours and the shop who will be doing the tuning that requires pros is also located there.

#5 ·
Welcome aboard chris.

We've quite a few european members especially in germany.

#6 ·
Welcome, 10 week old little girl - hows the sleep going.......

The last trip was large and on the back of the next one will be massive.....

2K sounds like a bargin if the problems can be solved with minor fixes.

Might be worth overhauling the coil packs and replacing the spark plugs, may help with the flat spot. Could also be AFM.

I'd generally go through all the tricks and tips in teh FAQ section cleaning the Idle control valve coilpacks etc, at least you know its done

#8 · (Edited)
Thanks on that Stusy. The sleep is not too bad actually. Been doing a lot of reading through FAQs, although I must say it feels like a boost leak (major), cause it doesnt just drop power (and sounds like the BOV is open when it should not be), it drops revs at full throttle, but only every once in a while. Will be changing plugs when I pick her up, then on to coil packs, and if I have to replace the AFM, may as well order the Q45 AFM, as I plan to slowly build it too... Thanks for the very warm welcome all, look for pics next week...

#9 ·
So, I have the car now, but my wife has the camera at the moment. I will try to get some pics up tomorrow. Just a quick question though.... What does detenation sound like when it occurs? Just so I know what to watch for. I got into the higher revs, 5500-6000 and it sounded like a machine gun (not rev limited at that point)

#11 ·
looks good mate a like you say for $355 you cant go wrong

a bit of tidying up and she'll be fine

#12 ·
She runs good most of the time. Sputters a bit (like is missing) in the higher revs, sometimes lower too. But this rarely happens, only when driven more than 20 minutes or so... Lags real bad when it happens too, almost like it has no power at all won't actually gain RPM or Speed at all when it happens. The BOV sounded like it is bad also, lubed it up a bit, and worked fine (no problems at all, for about an hour, then it started again). I think it needs a servicing bad, really bad.

What oil is best for it? I will use only synthetics (full syns at that), just not sure on what weight it should be.

#15 ·
I think I did get a bargain, but then again, you lose money when the buyer has to put time and effort into getting a vehicle back to standard........ I have put in quite a bit already. Gotta order new plugs and splitfire packs next, along with some new piping, it's running both the stock recirce blow off and a blitz atmospheric blow off at the same time...... Needed lots of cleaning up too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.