Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
First of all I want to introduce myself, I have fallen in love with Japanese cars and more specifically the skyline since the Gran Turismo days when I was a kid they were always so cool looking and beat the pants off of most of the cars.
I am currently looking to purchase a Skyline GTR (possibly R32 - 33) There is some debate among whether the 15 year rule is seamless or is there gray area around it so it will allow a newer importation of a car. Currently the law states :

The Motor Vehicle Safety Act and Regulations require that all vehicles imported into Canada comply, at the time of importation, with the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standards in effect on the date the vehicle was manufactured.

This is a grey area is the clause of being able to import the car or not

It also states : Vehicles acquired in foreign countries other than the U.S. and designed, built, tested and certified to meet either all applicable Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standards or all applicable United States Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and bearing a statement of compliance label affixed by the original manufacturer, as required by the Regulations, may be eligible for importation into Canada provided the vehicle has not been altered and the certification from the original manufacturer is maintained, which may be subject to verification at the time of importation.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Welcome aboard, there's one or two other owners from Canada and USA on here.

·
Registered
812 Posts
welcome to the forum dude

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.