Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is Ralf from Cologne, Germany.

I just wanted to say hello to You folks out there with a few lines beeing dropped!

Since last year I got the Skyline virus after 20 years only driving NISSAN´s and so I decided to grab a R34 from Belfast (NI) via "pistonheads".

I think the only remedy to help along is to get in touch with other Skyline owners.....so here I am!

I´ve been to the UK many times and I figured that the proper way to enjoy driving is to own a RHD car.

My passion for the Skyline did not come with the Fast and Furious movies or the racing games.....that icon of japanese car manufactoring existed way before that, when Action Movies and Computer Games where SciFi.

till later, regards Ralf

·
Administrator
25,973 Posts
gello and welcome mate and pics :)

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Welcome to the club Ralf. ;)

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Big welcome from me. I love Koln! I am often there -my mother was born in Koln and lots of my family still live there.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Big welcome from me. I love Koln! I am often there -my mother was born in Koln and lots of my family still live there.
Really? Well give a shout next time you're there then if you want as I'm in Cologne quite often too. :)

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
I will do that! Got no trips planned but you never know.

·
Forum Gypo
309 Posts
Hi Ralph,
Welcome on board, we met not so long ago, albeit it was on the German skyline forum.
Enjoy your stay:bigthumb:
Tonto

·
Forum Gypo
309 Posts
Köln is only 45 mins along the road from where I'm living, from whitley Bay originally so I suppose you'r also my area rep aswell. Will be giving you a shout for some area meets info when I'm back at my mothers for Easter!
Tony.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Skyline Gallery

Hi folks,

as with the X-Mas season and the buisness I am involved, please see my GARAGE or use the internal link given in the Album adress.....still have to get used to the page options and reduce the size of my pics to create the Album.

If anybody is around Cologne, drop a message so we can meet for a KOELSCH beer or else.

Otherway during the warmer season there is a weekly Jap-Car Meeting just outside of Cologne in FRECHEN right next to the Autobahn-Intersection of A1 and A4 (E44).....opposite the BAUHAUS DIY

Lately I often hop over to NEUSS...former HQ of NISSAN Germany, right next to DUESSELDORF. There is a whole bunch of SKYLINE ethusiasts who have a big garage and repair R32, R33 and R34.

There will be a report about the NEUSS Skyline-Meeting this October in the MAXIMUM TUNER Magazine late Dezember issue

Seasons Greetings from Cologne, Ralf

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Many Thanks to ALL for the warm welcome,

since yesterday Dec. 19th we are having lots of snowfall in Cologne and everywhere around.
Thou I am experienced with driving in snowy conditions (lived in Austria years ago) but I do not want people skidding into my car.
People here are not really used to drive around snow so I keep my SKY in the warm garage.....
......I was somewhat lucky with renting my garage as no one wanted it around the neighbourhood as the door is completely mounted left and with a LHD you have to drive in backwards, perfect for my RHD. The very best thou is, that the main heating pipe for the complete house runs uninsolated up the wall in my garage. So my car stays warm and cosy without any extra costs.

As said here in Cologne we rarely have snow, and if it comes the city ends up in a severe traffic chaos.......hence the joke that once came up:
Somewhere over the swiss alps two snowflakes decide to make a journey. One says to the other, hows about to cause some chaos in Cologne....ever since it is said that it takes only two snow flakes to cause a traffic crash down in Cologne...LOL

Well for the time beeing, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Many Greetings Ralf

1 - 16 of 16 Posts