Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone

the r34 gtr was always my dream car but it wasn't sold here in dubai, and the imported ones were illegal to drive here from some reason.. since then i've been waiting for a new gtr that would be legal and it's finally arriving in spring '08! can't wait

so i'm currently not a skyline owner but hopefully in the next couple of months

currently i'm driving a nissan patrol 4800VTC .. it's a light weight SUV with a TB48 4.8 litre inline 6 engine.. 280bhp stock.. goes above 900rwhp with T51R turbo! that's what i love about nissan! they give you a 280hp engine which has SO much potential.. anyway it's really popular here in dubai.. you can look for videos of it on youtube beating murcielagos and SLRs

mine is only slightly modified though.. keeping my savings for the GTR .. i've got headers/air intake/ecu
i've also made a custom exhaust system using an exhaust cutout valve because of the extremely strict police here.. so now i could open the valve for a straight pipe or return it to stock sound with the flip of a switch :D

anyway i can't wait for the 2008 gtr.. personally i hoped they would stick to the rb engine.. i'm not a fan of vq engines but hopefully the skyline vq would be different

so that's all about me :)

here are some pics of my current car

Attachments

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
welcome to our club mate if you have any questions just ask we wil do our best to help, i bet your lookin forward to getting ye new skyline....time wiil really drag now until yr car arrives....:D

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
once you have it you will have the grin like a cat that got the mouse that got the cheese once you drive it youl no what i mean

·
Registered
359 Posts
Thanks a lot everyone :)

Japtastic i got some pics for you from a website

from oldest to latest nissan patrols
Holy crap that turbo is huge! Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new GTR, I bet you cant wait untill it arrives!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't congratulate me yet guys they're not taking orders yet here :( but i've been told they've already started taking orders in Japan.. and that it'll be delivered to them by december.. i'll have to wait till spring 2008 for mine
oh and i've also been told that it won't have a VQ engine.. it's going to be slightly different and have a different name.. probably rumors though i'm guessing

Japtastic i'm actually waiting for the 2008 nissan gtr

1 - 18 of 18 Posts