Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help needed!!!!!
this may seem a little odd but when i go hard into a right-hander the brake warning light comes on. it doesn't happen with left-handers which is really strange!
does anyone know what will cause this, as it's driving me MAD!!!!

ps checked the fluid level and thats ok.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i've checked my pads and they look ok.
what is strange is it only happens when turning one way?

·
Registered
828 Posts
What d you class as the brake warning light? (being thick and all is there a seperate light)

If its the same one as the handbrake light etc are you sure its not a dicky switch/connection on the handbrake handle?Maybe when cornering right some weight is being transfered towards the centre consol hence effecting it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is this the same light that also shows hand brake ON? On my Sunny a loose handbrake lever used to flash the light at certain speeds or around bends. Just a thought that this may be related.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did check the fluid level first, and the biggest weight shift when cornering is me, so i'm bolloxed if thats what it is coz i'm not sellin my car!
will have to check the handbrake area to see if theres any loose cables.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
got on a diet then tubby and it wont happen :p

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Lol :D

·
Registered
828 Posts
did check the fluid level first, and the biggest weight shift when cornering is me, so i'm bolloxed if thats what it is coz i'm not sellin my car!
will have to check the handbrake area to see if theres any loose cables.
May need to adjust the handbrake switch slightly so its not so delicate.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanx for the 'tubby' jokes . checked all i can check and i found nothing. bugger!
so who can suggest what i do now?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Well as far as i can remember there are no brake wear indicators on my R33 so shouldnt imagine you have them on your 32?In which case that obviously aint your problem.

How about pulling off the wires to the handbrake switch to see what happens when you give it a spin.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
right you lot ,i've tried all of the above and can see no loose wires/dodgy connections.
what i have noticed is that when the car is cold the light stays on longer than when its warm ( when cold 30 secs but when warm 2-5secs)
this is driving me CRAZY!!!
does anyone think it could be the brake fluid needs changing? what with the time difference between hot and cold?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey man i have the EXACT same problem so if you do find this out tell me what it is, but what i do notice is that my back brake pads are pretty worn down and need to be changed soon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts