Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. This is my first post. Just after buying an r32 GTST and cant seem to get insurence. Mainly because of my age. Im 22 and hav 2 yrs no claims full license. Does any one have any idea of any companys out there. Please help

·
Women make the worrior weak
624 Posts
i was 22 when i got my r33 gtr and adrien flux cost me £1200

·
Registered
346 Posts
if you where ever insured before whoever it was with HAS to quote you!!! its the law no other company has to though. go the insuance bureau about it they`ll tell u to get three written refusals. id the same problem and be warned id to pay 5500 first time with quinn. ALL iunsurance companys here refused me when i got it 22 aswell full licence ect.where u frm

·
Registered
249 Posts
Not just you young 'uns, I'm 50 clean license & Sky won't put me on my wife's insurance for her R33 GTS-T, I have 2 claims in 2 years, one of which was a scam but my insurance paid out anyway rather than taking them to court.

Alan...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Farmer I was with AXA last year but had to change this year because of a silly renewal price.

Best advice is to get the yellow pages out and call each and every insurance company and broker.
Your bound to find one that will give you a quote.

If you get no luck with that then try going as a named driver with your mam or dad.
Tried prac every insurence company over the sun. Tried putting my old man as the named driver with quinn who i have a policy with. No prob with my father getting insured but when it comes to me there saying I have to be 30!!. Axa and all the other main companies are telling me they wont insure jap import cars.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Tried prac every insurence company over the sun. Tried putting my old man as the named driver with quinn who i have a policy with. No prob with my father getting insured but when it comes to me there saying I have to be 30!!. Axa and all the other main companies are telling me they wont insure jap import cars.
Must be a new thing from AXA as I'm with them on my R32 GTR, and actually got a pretty reasonable renewal from them this year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Must be a new thing from AXA as I'm with them on my R32 GTR, and actually got a pretty reasonable renewal from them this year.
Think theres a lot of new terms now with the insurence companys since the start of this year. And People who were already insured by there companies in ie skyline wont be affected. Could be wrong but thats the impression im gettin

·
Registered
626 Posts
go for brokers, dont think so any insurance company goin insure. there is a lot brokers, and read another Ireland threads about insurance, may get some tips.

·
^^^^Dave
147 Posts
well lad, im 23 got my r33 gts-t just over 2weeks ago. 6 years driving but only 4yrs no claims with quinn, i already paid 620 in november for the toyota levin then part ex'd her for the 33 and it cost my roughly the same again till november of this year.

·
Registered
74 Posts
well lad, im 23 got my r33 gts-t just over 2weeks ago. 6 years driving but only 4yrs no claims with quinn, i already paid 620 in november for the toyota levin then part ex'd her for the 33 and it cost my roughly the same again till november of this year.
That in my opinion is pretty good I think, Im 22, got my r33 GTST exactly one month ago.
My renewal is dis week and my insurance company quinn wanted another 100e on top of my previous premium of 1400e, for this last month alone so went with it. Got my renewal 3 weeks ago in post and that was 1500e for the skyline, think ill go with it.??

Funny thing is they wouldnt insure me on my 86 peugeot 205 1.4 at all, and a quote on a 1.4 opel astra is 1400e

Anyway, Farmer if your already with quinn can you just swap over to the nissan as I did?
It took a bit of talkn with me but basically I said "ill have to have some sort of transport"
Hope that helps.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts