Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Noob until taught otherwise :D
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I was having trouble with the engine before, and had two different opinions on the problem. It was running really rough, lagging at low revs and acting normal once the cams had kicked in and running extremely rich. My brother (who is a trainee mechanic) said it was the cam angle sensor so i bought a new one and put it in, but that didn't fix the problem, and then I got a second opinion from a mechanic, and they said it would be something in the fuel line, but then as I was about to fix that I lost my licence for 3 months and it didn't move for 2 months, and I got a friend of a friend to move the car from my place to my mates place so I could have it in a locked garage, and being an idiot they thrashed the car all the way there without bothering to warm it up first, and when it arrived it was idling really roughly and blowing white smoke, which it hadn't done up until then. I left it for a little while longer, turned it over last night and it was running even worse, it idled fine but was constantly blowing white smoke, and it wouldn't rev beyond 3000rpm even with my foot flat and had a massive knocking noise coming from the engine.

Anyone know what this could mean? My brother thinks that the engine is completely screwed, and I can replace the engine but I would prefer not to have to as I am selling the car but they won't buy it with the engine in the condition it is.

I want to get it compression tested but I don't have the money for that at the moment lol.

·
Noob until taught otherwise :D
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok, I'm hopefully taking it to a mechanic tomorrow to get it sorted. If the head is gone would it be better to replace it (there is spare DE head from a local wreckers for $300) or swap out the entire engine for a turbo one? The guy that's buying it off me wants to convert it to turbo and will pay more for the car if it is turbo but it's a series 2 so I'd have to tap the block, but would it be a good idea to plus t is or just not bother and swap out the engine?

·
Reborn!
2,028 Posts
Its up to you, maybe best to wait and see the outcome of engine diagnosis as what ive said is purely a guess at what you have described as the problem. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts