Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have just got some new mids for the back shelf , but, i cant seem to get the old ones out. They are kenwoods but on the back board they have these big square covers with a funny bolt/clip through the centre and he plastic covers are screwed on through the bottom of the back board. could anyone help with:

1) do i have to remove the big bolt/clips that go through the speaker to remove the back board? if so , what is the easiest way of doing it? (i know its a 13 spanner but is difficult to get it in there)

2) Do i have to remove the back board to get the standard covers off? i cant seem to get it done and it is really frustrating me

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
you need to remove the back seat first, then the shelf is held on with popers so you need to lift the shelf in the middle quite hard to release them, then it should slide out whilst the middle is lifted. now you will be able to access the speakers

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
there are also hooks on the rear pillar trim that go down into the rear shelf

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great help guys, thanks so much for the pics, managed to get it sorted and now sounding sweet, much appreciated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts