Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

:attention:
Hi, I have an N Reg '95 NISSAN SKYLINE R33 GTS STRAIGHT 6 AUTOMATIC, it has a 3.7" straight through pipe (no Cat & no Silencer)and exits out a 4" aftermarket back-box...

Its so LOUD !! Ideally I want to buy a nice 5" chrome backbox but also want to be able to pass my MOT etc..

Could you tell me :-

A) Do I need a Cat. Converter

B) How much quieter will my existing setup run if I fitted a cat?

C) Would a Cat still be necessary if I fitted a mid-pipe, or should I use both?

**** Basically I am after a mean rumble but also be able to pass my MOT emissions & noise test etc.. But want it to be the loudest it can legally be at the same time.. ??

Sorry for so many questions but I really want to do it right..

Any light you can shed on this would be uber helpful :)

Please reply asap

Regards - Martin.:attention:

·
Registered
911 Posts
You will need a cat for a mot if the tester is strict. The cat is for emmisions and I'm not sure how much quieter it will be.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
For starters the diameter of pipe is way too big making it way too loud. The cat will make it quieter but not massively. You are best off going to an exhaust fabricators and saying I want this that and the other and they will make you whatever you want. Won't cost you the end of the earth either and it's job done then I anything goes wron you have someone to go back to, instead if bitting and bobbing and hen realising you have a right concoction for an exhaust and it still needs sorting lol..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts