Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was in the process of replacing my sparkplugs today and I stupidly undid only one of the two clips on this pipe. As a result, when I turned it - it tore.

I don't actually know function this pipe serves, does it carry air or oil? I think air...here's a closeup:

Has anyone else had to replace this pipe? Where can I get a replacement, how much will it cost and how long will it take? Fortunately, or unfortunately in this instance, the Skyline is my only car(!) so now I am walking or on the bus till I get this sorted.

Just as a side question, would it damage my engine to drive temporarily without this pipe? Will I overheat or spew oil out of the rockers?

Thanks

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Contact road runner mate..... Hes in the traders section under alltorque... Great company.. Wont be expensive. Im sure he could sort out a next day delivery......

You must off give it quite a yank lol.....

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Mine looks like that. Might have been like that when I first got the car so not sure how long it has been like it.

Simple fix that is still working for me. Insulating tape wrapped round (once you have put it back in place) as long as it is tight and you are generous with the tape you will have no problems

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Any bit of pipe will do, its only a breather, most factors sell nice blue samco hosing so you can change the whole lot for about £20.

·
proud owner of an RB26
314 Posts
original Nissan part direct from Nissan cost me £19.

as said, it's only a breather so tape it up for now and you can still drive about.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now I know it's only a breather pipe, I went for the insulation tape option and will replace the pipe later on.

Thanks guys - I didn't have to get on the bus afterall!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts