Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Liverpool Victoria will not insure my car until it is registered but I need insurance to register the car - anyone found a solution to this one? Any help gratefully received

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
They will normally do it on the chassis number, and then issue a cover note until you get the reg mark

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Speak to keith Michaels, they are insuring mine on a finger in the air guess at spec to get it registered etc then i will to get it rolling roaded

·
Registered
469 Posts
Nick - Liverpool Victoria WILL issue a cover note against the chassis number, they did it for me a month ago, but not all the staff realise that they can do it.

Speak to them again and be a bit more insistent !

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Grebo - sadly they have had a change of system and policy this month and having spoken to the manager there - they will not do this for anyone that does not have insurance with them already.

·
Registered
469 Posts
That's just stupid. The guy who imported my car could've used his insurance, but then it would have been registered to him first off, so I decided to get it registered in my name using the chassis number so I could be the first owner in the uk.

I guess you might be able to find some friendly importer to register it for you, but then you'll have another owner on the logbook.

One possible way out of this (not sure though) - maybe you could buy a reg from the dvla's website (£250 for something like R9GTT) - then get insurance company to use that - probably best to check that with the dvla though.

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
Grebo is right. I bought my personal reg from the dvla for £250 and then used that as the reg for getting the insurance. No problems at all. takes about a week to get the doc's from the dvla.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have actually got a private reg on retention, although sadly LV will not insure the car using this as it does not relate to the chassis number until it is registered.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
I have just insured my Starlet on the chasis number with Eggar Lawson, but its on my competition cover....

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally sorted, they will use my retention certificated private registration number for the vehicle but will not reference the chassis number - hopefully good enough for registration - watch this space - thanks for all your help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts