Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I don't use my gtr much and have advertised it for the last few weeks. had some people come round today to view it and the battery was completely dead (which doesn't normally happen that quick) and the doors were locked. I have a Clifford alarm which normally stays on even if the car wont start, but there was no blinking blue alarm light flashing and the key fob doesn't do anything (the key fob is in working order). the ignition key has never worked in any of the door locks so its only the alarm system that activates the locking......which isn't working. I only took the car out 2 weeks ago to be cleaned and it didn't struggle to start so bit confused as to why its just died. when ive ran my battery down before the doors could be opened??
so I'm totally stuck of what to do as I cant take any potential buyers out in it or anything till I can at least open the doors or the boot and start the battery!
any ideas apart from a locksmith...which not sure could even help tbh.

·
Stage 1
814 Posts
Any locksmith worth their salt will be inside the door or the boot within 5 minutes and honestly wont charge as much as you think. Give some a call for a chat.

Other than that, I'd probably try metal coat hanger wire pushed through the top of the door seals and try to hook/move the door lock latch. Bit of a long shot because they're quite sturdy latches so you'd need leverage on the coat hanger wire.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any locksmith worth their salt will be inside the door or the boot within 5 minutes and honestly wont charge as much as you think. Give some a call for a chat.

Other than that, I'd probably try metal coat hanger wire pushed through the top of the door seals and try to hook/move the door lock latch. Bit of a long shot because they're quite sturdy latches so you'd need leverage on the coat hanger wire.
ok cheers mate. Didn't realise lock smiths were that good when it came to dealing with a situation with no key, no power, sealed doors lol.

·
Stage 1
814 Posts
I've not had to use one myself, but my sister, and a friend has, both times to open locked cars (old cars). They've both said it worried them how quickly they got into them. I guess it's in the tools they have really, right thing for the right job.

Good luck mate!

·
If the junctions clear, steer from the rear
26 Posts
I had that problem with a mates van...you could try connecting a trickle charger up to the alternator from underneath to give the battery some juice to allow the central locking to work?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi, I had this same problem with my son's BMW whilst in a single garage with no room to get around it yet alone under it to try and get power into it via the starter motor or anywhere else. Called a locksmith and he was in it within 2 mins, yeah it cost me about £70 with the call-out charge etc but it was far better than breaking a window and probably cheaper in the long run with the savings on paracetamol for the headache trying to figure it out.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't think it's that easy for locksmith to handle the issue but still they manage to unlock it by using their skills.
You'd hope he's gotten in by now even if the locksmith had trouble with the lock. That post was made 6 years ago🤣

1 - 12 of 12 Posts