Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

At the moment I own a Mazda 323 GT-X 1.8 turbo, Its going to sold very soon and im looking for my next car. I started looking at the GTi-R, 323 GT-R(very nice!!) and the RX-7 untill I thought hey what about the Skyline:D . I only have a 6k budget so a GT-R skyline is out of the question but I can get a very nice GTS-T type M imported from japan for that amount(I have contacts).;)

I really dont know alot about these cars though. I do like to mod but I really want a car thats going to be reliable as well as quick. The GTi-R while in standard form is a very reliable car as soon as you mod it, its not soo good. I would be really happy with say around 280BHP(thats enough with RWD I think) but dont know how plausable this would be in the GTS-T type m.
My currant car is around 250BHP and only 1200KG so is a great little drive but all in all I want something with a bit of comfort too.

Also what is the insurance like on these? I live in the UK(where all insurance is high) but at a quick glance at the online quoting systems no one has it listed. Insurance is one thing keeping me away from the RX-7 at the moment(and the reliabality)(oh and the MPG).

Thats the other question I have, Whats the MPG like? I get about 20MPG in my car at the moment which is fine with me.

Im sorry if all these questions have been asked before and I should of done a search but I would like to reply to any feedback you can give me, And also I hear you guys a pretty cool(unlike scoobie.net) so thought I would say hi:angel:

Thank you
Chris Novak
www.323gtx.co.uk My 323 GT-X/GT-R site

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the sites, Ive now fallin in love with a Silver GTS-T type M so thats what im going to get. I just need to find out what insurance group it is.

Regards
Chris

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh.. Well i wasnt thinking it was going to be cheep but we shall see. Im 26 with 3 years NCB but I will need fully comp. If I can get it under 1k a year then I will be ok.

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
You might just get it for under a grand, if you join the owners club i think you can get a 10-15% discount with adrian flux, you might want to check with tigger to confirm this...:)

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Good choice, Ive got a silver GTS25t and that costs me £890 to insure but i have a few pointlets and around 380bhp at the flywheel (I'm 31)

Paul

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice one,
Do you have any pics of it? Do you think its a good idea to get one with a few mods from Japan? I know its risky with my car as there are things that can go wrong if not done right.

Im going to ring a few places tomorrow for quotes so should be able to tell what its going to be like.

Regards
Chris
www.323gtx.co.uk

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Chris,
Externally mine is completely standard, thats my choice though. It is MUCH cheaper to buy one ready modded so that is a good option if you can find something similar to what you want.

Mine looks like this, totally ordinary. this was taken before the front mounted intercooler was fitted but you can barely see it anyway

Paul

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Chris.

I know i might be a bit late here, but i insured my new car (Celica GT4 WRC) through Keith Michaels (020 8642 7868) they were the cheapest quote by quite some way. I was chuffed to bits as i too am a young chappy (20). Give em a try nothin to lose.

Kris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts