Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all quick one am uncertain as to which way to go with car do i strip out interior and get another recaro and use on the track or put interior to leather

lee

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
what do you want to do with the car mate ?

Where is the fun............ Help us out a little and we can give you ideas :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mm dont know as car has been vandalised interior is either going to be stripped out and left with just two seats and cage or
reassembled with custom rear interior / sub install

lee

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
would you be happy with using it like that, interior seats wise isnt really all that much weight.

Do you want to use it for the road and track, or just track. or something silly ?

Do you have another car to use on the road ?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I agree with Sarky...

Its your car matey, tell us what you want out of it and we'll all no doubt chip in words, possibly of wisdom...

I know personally if I ripped out the ICE and seats I'd save about my own weight in junk from the car....

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mm dont now have another car for road use so doesnt matter but still want to use it on road but track too so am thinking get another a8 recaro and then remove rear seats and have sub enclosure and four point harnesseses

lee

E

·
0 Posts
Id go for the custom leather job myself. Ripping it all out will be ok for a while but the novelty factor will soon wear off & it`ll feel cold.
Suppose it depends what you want to spend your money on.
Obviously it wont cost a penny to rip it all out.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
My mate has stripped everything out of the back of his S14 200SX, now it just sounds like you have the window open constantly, not too intrusive... We weighed all the parts taken out and it came to 2.5 stones, not a huge amount granted, but every little helps..! :D

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
strip the lot out mush...nothing can beat that stripped out racer look. having said that though, when i was looking for the GT4 i was gonna strip the lot out, but found one with leather, so decided to keep it.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
have dedided which route to go am keeping luxury but will have surpirse for everyone

·
Registered
547 Posts
y not do both, cover the seats in leather, like sparco ones or summat, then put a smallish install in so that it fits in the roll cage

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
i had leather seats in my 200sx it looks nice but found that it did'nt hold me in place as well as a car without it,it also took ages to look after as it cracked when it was left in the sun for long periods.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts