Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Check underneath it, and pay close attention. I noticed there aren't any pictures of the underbody, so that could be an ify sign that there is rust. Especially for that price. I could be wrong, and hopefully I am by check over everything for rust spots.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went and looked at the car today. It was really clean and was 0 rust underneath or anywhere for that matter.

However the car pulled really hard to the right.

Was that because of the HICAs or does it just need an alignment?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I went and looked at the car today. It was really clean and was 0 rust underneath or anywhere for that matter.

Pulls to the right when ? all the time or when breaking etc ??

Hopefully it's just a simple alignment issue, But could be lots of things
A bent steering or suspension arm, sticky caliper, wrong tires sizes / pressure
Hicas does not work consent, it only kicks in after a set mhp

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Pulls to the right when ? all the time or when breaking etc ??

Hopefully it's just a simple alignment issue, But could be lots of things
A bent steering or suspension arm, sticky caliper, wrong tires sizes / pressure
Hicas does not work consent, it only kicks in after a set mhp
It pulls to the right all the time.

I need to know pretty soon because I am picking it up on Friday. When I was underneath I didn't see anything bent or any sign of an accident.

I am thinking it is an alignment but I need to know what to look at when I go back up to pick it up.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Best thing to do would be to get the seller to have an alignment done.
For the sake of 50 / 100 quid ( British sterling ) and the chance of missing a sale the seller will do it.
The last R33 I sold had 11 months 2 weeks mot on it, He wanted to take it to a different random garage, in case my friend did it, a blind man ( or I left 20 quid in the ashtray for the tester lol ). It passed again and he drove off in it after some paperwork

If it's not alignment could be a bad buy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Best thing to do would be to get the seller to have an alignment done.
For the sake of 50 / 100 quid ( British sterling ) and the chance of missing a sale the seller will do it.
The last R33 I sold had 11 months 2 weeks mot on it, He wanted to take it to a different random garage, in case my friend did it, a blind man ( or I left 20 quid in the ashtray for the tester lol ). It passed again and he drove off in it after some paperwork

If it's not alignment could be a bad buy
You see, the thing is. I got the price so low that he is not willing to get an alignment.

I don't think it's a CV joint or anything suspension wise. Only thing I believe I need to look at is a wheel bearing, which would not be too expensive.

Did I miss anything? Anything in particular I should look at?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Maybe any bends or dents in the wheel? I doubt a $50 aligment would set them back any, especially if you pay for it. You could end up saving yourself a huge hassle if you just dish out the dough yourself. Who knows what it could be at this point. Might as well be safe than sorry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts