Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much chance, but:

About 18:30 tonight, I was driving down Eastcourt Road in Worthing toward the junction with Westcourt Road. It's single lane in effect, with parked cars both sides. A small 4x4 turned into the road and stopped, leaving a gap too small for me to squeeze the Skyline through. I shook my head & waited, whereupon he gestured out of the driver's window, but when it was plain I was not going to attempt the narrow gap, he reversed erratically while letting me have the benefit of his main beam & spotlights. I moved slowly forward & to the left, then stopped as he moved into my path before reversing again and driving up next to me. I dropped the window to explain that the gap was to narrow for the length of the car, when he shouted "can't you f***ing drive!" and drove by me. As he did, there was one of them ominous scraping noises from the rear.

I hit the hazards and got out, but he'd f***ed off sharpish. Checked the back end, I have a 6x6 inch scraped & sratched area, some of which will polish out, but the deeper scratches and the dent in the far end of the offside rear wing will require bodyshop work.

The car was a small, dark 4x4, I think one of the old boxy Suzuki jobs. One thing is for sure, he's got bullbars on the front, and a pair of headlight sized spotlights mounted above the bumper in front of the radiator grille. He's also got some of my black & laquer on his rear offside wheel arch, or the bumper/bull bar on that side. The gent in question is in his late forties, with a mustache and possibly glasses. I got the impression that the car was dirty - minimal reflection from the body panels.

Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
sorry to hear that mate....what a tosser that guy is...probably cant gauge gaps correctly himself hence hitting your pride n joy..

·
Big is beautiful
5,275 Posts
baseball bat, arms and legs, hospital springs to mind!! sorry to hear that bud

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Shame he didnt wait to see the size of you when you got out the car mush, am sure he would have had no objections with paying for the damage then. :rolleyes:

From what you have described it sounds like its not worth claiming on the insurance, which is good and bad news.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Sorry to hear that matey. Especially considering the fresh paintwork. :(

I suppose Lawrence will be getting a call then

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for good thoughts.

Isaac, mate, he'd only be in danger if I fell on him...

Which means I'd have to knock him down.

Shame on you. :D

Big Mark

Yup, Lawrence will be getting a tap, and if Tracey gets ahold of the jeep, it's driver will be needing the number for Discount Tyres.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
If found I could direct the guy to some discount tyres and also a Physio therapist to aid his recovery from tragic 'accident' that he could have.

Not much consolation, but at least you got those photo's taken before this happened :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Sorry to hear that Jae. Its truly aggravating to really take care of a car and then to have some numbskull damaging it! :(

·
Banned
5,715 Posts
Sorry to hear this,mate..hope you catch the twat,I pass through your area quite a lot,so will look out for a scraped jeepy thing.
Reminds me of last year in tesco's after a "lady" let a trolley go downhill into mine,nice chunk of GRP and paint missing.
Her reply..."it's only a car".
Can't print my response.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Her reply..."it's only a car".
Can't print my response.
Some people JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!

I'm real sorry to hear that JAE. I hate people like that. It may unfortunately be a large dose of jealousy from someone in his 40's that can only afford his 1.0 Suzuki Sanatana and can't handle it. The difference in peoples selfishness with road space has definately gotten larger since I bought the skyline. When I was in a battered old capri people were more than happy to let me out. Now they'd rather die at the wheel.

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
what a pr**k, sorry to hear about the motor, you coult try waiting at the same spot same time to see if he shows, its a long shot but you neva know

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
That's a very good point Wayne. Are we up for some skyline hater bashing folks?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts