Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, got your attention.

Damn R32 is off the road just now, with a nice hole in the water pump. Timed well with me having been off work for a few months, so cash is rather short.

All quotes for changing the water pump so far have run to over £500, which at the moment I don't have lying around I am afraid, so anyone got any suggestions or recommendations of who to get a quote from?

Suggestions such as sell my body (not gonna get 50p for that), sell tha car (get more for my body methinks) or the like are purely silly and shall be treated as such.

Alternatively, someone wanna sell me an RB26 for £500?

·
Registered
953 Posts
u not wanna fit water pump yourself ?? am sure there is something on skylinesdownunder ?? may be idea can u get part from japan or australia and get someone to fit it ??? pm richard he may be able to help

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
yeah, go on do it yourself, pop off the bottom pulley and the cambelt, bish, wack in the new water pump, bosh, slap on a new cambelt, wolla, job done :)

chaps on SDU reckon it takes a couple of hours if your on the ball - so a couple of days DIY then :D

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know how to do it, done it on a few cars before, but this is one job I am not risking my bag of spanners on, cos knowing me I'll snap something (already snapped 2 bolts in the engine bay on the car anyway - alloy is like chocolate).

Thankfully, some kind soul has offered via PM to sort it for me...

:)

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
thoroughly decent bunch these skylineowners :)
the old choclolate alloy eh? they seemed to use that on the anti roll bar mounting points too :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts