Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys as you know I only picked up the GTR yesterday. This afternoon I was driving home and as it was starting to get dark I put my lights on.

At the time I only noticed that my dash lights were not illuminated. When I got home to check further I noticed that the rear lights don't work either. I'm now quite worried as the fronts work ok on dip beam and main beam but they don't work on sidelights, the dash doesn't light up, the brake lights appear to work, the FOG light function on my inner rear lights works, my indicators all work and my reversing lights work. Any ideas? Please someone help me I'm having a nightmare and want to wake up.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Richard is going to Trax tomorrow right?

If he is do you think he would mind greatly having a quick look for me to see if he can spot the problem?

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
On my 33 the same happened, was a fuse gone in the boot next to the HICAS computer. Blew cos I was F-ing about with the side lights.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I've checked the front ones but I can't find the others. Anyone tell me where they are?

Incase you are wondering what I'm barbling on about I've been told that there are more in a different location other than the boot.

My mate Ronnie reckons it might actually be the light switch itself having a loose connection as he and his mum both have R32 GTRs and the same happened on his mums car and that was the resolution?

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok fuses checked and all in a1 condition. Could the above have happened?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Alex take it back, it shouldn't have passed a MOT with these problems, you've paid a lot of money for your car..They should have sorted any problems b4 you picked it up...
You have rights mate...

Get them to fix it.......

any1 else agree with this.?????????????????

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree with you mate but since it has happened afterwards and Ron says it happened to his mums too it's apparently a common problem so not really something to get that wound up about.

I just can't drive it in the dark until it's sorted. Rons gunna have a look at the switch tomorrow morning and Richard has said he will have a quick look tomorrow too.

The lights did work when I picked it up btw.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Erm think they might laugh at me if I did. I solved the problem at Trax today by actually checking the fuses properly. The fuses that are in the car are all the same, looking at them while they are sat in the fusebox they all appear to have the fuse strip going accross the top of the fuse. When checking the fuses last night it appeared that as the fuse strip was at the top and they all appeared to be in tact the fuse was not the problem. Someone at Trax today advised me this is not where the fuse was and that it was actually in the middle of the fuse and so I would have to remove them all. After removing 6 of them I came to the one which was the problem. Jock lent me a 10A fuse from his fusebox and it worked, Buster then gave us a brand new 10amp fuse. Cheers Buster.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts