Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wires to my air flow meter melted and the wires to my blue relay by my computer melted
the car was running fine and i went to start it after work and it wouldnt start and about 30secs after i tried starting it the airflow meter loom started melting and smoking and the relay by my computer started ticking
why would it do this

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
Super bad thing guy. I would make sure that you check ALLLLLL of your grounds because this is a bad grounding problem, what you are saying.

I would also check all of my fuses and match them with all of the amperage figures listed ON the car. I wouldn't see why something wouldn't trip before it did that. That's not good at all, you may fry your planer board in your ECU if you try that **** again. X__X

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you rekon it would be just in the engine loom,i have just put in a 300zx fuel pump 2 days ago,not sure if related to the problem but could be aye,do you no where i could get a diagram of which amp fuses i should use

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just realised i had to use some fuses for my other car so i took 3 out and then i put the back in my skyline and i may have put a 20 where a 10 was sposed to be as i looked on m fuse box as i havnt used my car since i put them back in and i used it for the 1st time today and it had this problem,maybe it is a fuse in the wrong place

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the wires that melted were-air flow meter plug wich has 3 wires-just the black with white stripe elted completly,and on the relay which has 4 wires the ones that melted where the white with black stripe and black with white stripe

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just looked at my fuses nd they were ok and in the right amp range,my computer smells burnt and fried,loom fixed and it dont have spark,my relay looked like it could have got wet but not sure,my floor is soaked from water

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
Yeah your AFM is messed if it idles funny with no other issues really. You got a friend with another AFM? Sorry I was absent from this thread. And your floor is soaked on your passenger side? You check your heater matrix? You need to look at your coolant levels.

·
Administrator
25,974 Posts
have got another computer and it now starts but wont rev an idles funny,could m afm be buggered
does it rev past 2500 rpm mate?

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
have you replaced the melted sections of loom? melted wires covered up wont be much good so get that sorted first

1 - 12 of 12 Posts