Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,recently had issues with car not running rite and miss firing....found out that the timing was out on the cambelt.....I have rectified that and she was running spot on,and now today the exhaust cam has picked up and welded it's self to the head destroying the head and snapping the gear off the cam
Due to heat and seizure!!!where should I start,I know the bottom end is good and the inlet side is all ok,where is the best place to get a second hand head from with cams or am I best getting a second hand engine.any help would be greatly appreciated as I now have no car :(
It's an rb25 de

·
Big computer nerd
826 Posts
I've seen RB25DE's for £300-500 on ebay decent mileage too. I think JDM Garage usually has a few of them?

If this happened to me though, I'd be looking for an upgrade - if you're going to have the engine out and all that it's a good time to swap it for something bigger!
i'd agree, a quick search on ebay yelds 25DE lumps at for as low as £300, DET lumps for lowest £800 (someone on here had a DET at 750)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well had the engine delivered on the Friday,had it out on the floor on sat morning and back in this morning.started first time and she's mint.only problem is the water pump is leaking so I've got to strip the cambelt off and re-seal it with black sealant!very very easy to remove the engine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts