Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was travelling along my private test track last night testing if I had de-limited the car via Andy's method which worked but suddenly a big bang and half of my rear spoiler has dissapeard, luckily I managed to slow down to see the half I had lost slide on to the hard shoulder so no danger to other road users.

I have unscrewed the fin part as shown here but how can I repair the damage/missing panel?

I'm pretty handy but have no experience with body panels, it is the underneath part that is missing so finish doesn't have to be perfect can any advise me the best method of sorting this.

Don't want to bin the spoiler as it's worth £200ish and I'm going on the Furball this Friday.

Many thanks in advance

Stewart

What it used to look like...

Attachments

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just the wing is broken the rest is in perfect condition, so just the wing, not sure if this is genuine or not?

Will it fit?

I would rather fix this one if I can but I may well take you up on your offer, what do you want for it?

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
i can stick it in my car and link up tomorrow if you like m running it in so ill pop over to reading its not a problem..and if it fits then have it if it doesnt then at least we have met lol...

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What an offer! I am about all day tomorrow.

Let me know what sort of time, to say I'm happy is an understatement, I had visions of me going on the furball minus spoiler, you have saved me big time.

Cheers

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
i can stick it in my car and link up tomorrow if you like m running it in so ill pop over to reading its not a problem..and if it fits then have it if it doesnt then at least we have met lol...
Example of going the "Extra Mile"

[brown nose mode]

A credit BigChief

[/brown nose mode]

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
keith if you went you missed a very nice chinese at that place....I was there the other night with a friend and spotted your car japtastic...I was surprised you park there I didnt think it was the safest of spots?

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Big thanks to Keith, sorted me out with a perfect fitting spoiler just in time for the Furball ( www.furball5000.co.uk ) what a great community we have, asked for a spoiler/help at half ten last night and by 1 this afternoon I had one :)

Tigger: It probably wasn't the safest of spots but my car is VERY disabled when left + as it was known as a problem spot the old bill have it down as part of their round so see them crusing the car park all the time, even at night as they were parked up there at 2.30am last night in an undercover car. Oh and your right that chinese is the best around, spend far too much in there :D

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
cool, I used to live round the corner...I know the owner of the chinese...he told me off for not visiting as regular !!! lol..

glad to see the cops take car owners seriously :)

and nice one Keith!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just read this on a random thread browse...good on you Keith, it's great seeing forums work the way they should :) Enjoy the Furball Japtastic!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts