Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right section but couldn't think of a section to put it in so please move is necessary.
I'm down in Kent and need to get my skyline about 10 miles down the road. I have no tax insurance mot so has anyone got a trailer or truck they could move it with? Obviously I'll sort you out some cash :) just need it moved soon.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did think about that, it all runs and everything so it's not that it don't run haha. But to tow it would have wheels on the road and could still get the same fines as driving it without mot

·
Banned
1,205 Posts
I did think about that, it all runs and everything so it's not that it don't run haha. But to tow it would have wheels on the road and could still get the same fines as driving it without mot
You sure ??

I've been massively mega lucky over the past X amount of years then :hippy:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Many years ago a mate of mine was being towed in a car with no engine he had no insurance tax or mot and was stopped by the police and had the book thrown at him so be careful

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You sure ??

I've been massively mega lucky over the past X amount of years then :hippy:
You have been very lucky, the person sitting in the car has to be insured for that car and as soon as it has one wheel on the public road you need mot and tax. It's a ***** but like Jerry said you will get the book thrown at you.

·
Registered
116 Posts
You have been very lucky, the person sitting in the car has to be insured for that car and as soon as it has one wheel on the public road you need mot and tax. It's a ***** but like Jerry said you will get the book thrown at you.
Also the person doing the towing needs to have the appropriate licence to do so, anyone who passed their test after 1997 would have to do an additional test to tow anything over a certain weight/size.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i'm with Lunatic, I've also been very lucky over the years not to be caught.
And luckily I'm old enough to have passed my test pre-'97.

I shall definitely be rethinking moving vehicles in the future :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts