Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
jonsky32
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help needed urgent,have a oil leak on my r32 gtst rb20 engine,its leaking down the ns front corner of the block near the top end,at first i thought it was the head gasket,but its higher up from that,so i then removed the plug cover,to get a better look,its not coming from the rocker covers they are dry,all round them,so is there anywere else it could be coming from,ive recently had a new water pump plus timing belt,having said that i had the leak before these was changed,but now its got really bad recently,looks to be dripping down from behind the cam sensor area,is there anythink around that area that could be leaking,any help would be very appreciated thanks,john....

·
jonsky32
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi mark,
its coming from a lot higher up than the crankshaft,it seems to be between the head and rocker seals.........

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
i think he meant camshaft seals mate

·
jonsky32
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
speed33per,
that sounds probable right area,is it a hard fix or straight foward enough do you know,cheers john..

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
speed33per,
that sounds probable right area,is it a hard fix or straight foward enough do you know,cheers john..
it is simple if you know what your doing but you will need to strip the timing belt off and the front camshaft sprockets and possibly remove the cam covers and loosen the camshafts to allow the seal to be pulled out and new one fitted.

but normally you can remove and fit the seals without removing the cam covers and loosening the cams mate :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts