Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just cleaned the inside of my skyline and went to move it off the drive when i relised the oil pressure is very low!!!
all i done was put it on the drive cleaned the car and moved it off again reved it up to 2.5 revs acouple of time and ran the car for 3 mins and the water temp is moved up a bit and the oil pressure has dropped to 3 what ever the stndard guage reads.
this can't be right so what have i broken and the is no smoke or nasty noises?
going to check the oil level once the car has cooled down.

·
Registered
290 Posts
go to the technical section and read there - i noticed a similar thing on mine yesterday and posted it. I'm going to do an oil change to be safe so i know where i'm at with servicing having recently bought mine.

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it doesn't look that bad.
when i start the car it stays at 6kg or just a little bit below the after 5/6 mins it has dropped to 4kg and after 10mins it drops to 3kg and the water temp rises to.
there is oil in her and water but the oil looks like it could do with a change even though i only changed it about 2k ago and the car had been sitting for a month or so and then i drove it around for around 200miles

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it will fall with temp and it rises with rpm like it should but it just seams to heat up quite quick.
i don need to sort out a couple of very small oil leaks around the cam cover gaskets and there seams to be gunky oil around my turbo now as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
just cleaned the inside of my skyline and went to move it off the drive when i relised the oil pressure is very low!!!
all i done was put it on the drive cleaned the car and moved it off again reved it up to 2.5 revs acouple of time and ran the car for 3 mins and the water temp is moved up a bit and the oil pressure has dropped to 3 what ever the stndard guage reads.
this can't be right so what have i broken and the is no smoke or nasty noises?
going to check the oil level once the car has cooled down.
Its within the oil pressure guidelines in the manual so I say its ok.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Pitball dont worry bud it sounds fine, remember the recommended guide line for oil pressure is 10psi per 1000rpm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts