Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after some spirited runs, i get evidence of oil being spit out of my manual boost controller. theres nothing wrong with teh mbc, it works great in fact!
anyway, i think i kinda blew my turbo or busted an oil seal wen my oil mbc broke and spiked to 23 psi. what can i do to fix this problem? i have a new turbo i should recieve by friday, so the old turbo is coming off. any advice? this is what the oil leak looks like...

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
eh? im confused. there doesn't seam to be any decompressions in any cylinder. im thinkin both oil seals in teh compressor housing and turbine housing are leaking. a friend of mine said he sees white smoke from my exhaust wen i put the accelerator down hard. another sign of the leak in the compressor housing would be squeals at peak boost. if it turns out the oil leak is coming from just the busted turbo, will the new turbo solve this problem?
boost on teh stock turbo is at about 13 psi. im pushing about 240-250 hp at its current setting.
also, if the compressor is leaking oil, that means its pushing oil through my intake lines and FMIC. can i just remove the lines and wash it in soapy water to wash the pipes out? and would an oil catch tank fix a lot of these oil leakage problems?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any ideas?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Turbo

Hi m8,

I had this problem after having a set of turbo's rebuilt, believe my problem was wrong size oil feed pipes generating too much pressure. Turbos rebuilt, oil feeds changed problem gone :)

Smoked plenty as well when started :(

Recomend you get it to someone who can check it for you properly.

Kev

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi kev, well my feed lines are stock. so i doubt they could be wrong for the stock turbo thats on it. :p i honestly think i blew my bearings on the turbo. that could explain the oil in the intake, but what about the oil spiting out the bleed valve; which is not connected to the turbo itself. i guess that could be from hi pressures from blowby. would an oil catch fix that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts