Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm currently installing gauges, trying to route the the wire through the wing. Can anyone advise how to remove the plastic inner arch? I appreicate this has probaly been asked many times but I have spent the last hour trying search with no results.

thanks

Grin

·
Registered
572 Posts
dont put them through the wing bud. There's a gromit thats ideal for running wires through. Really tidy job too. Its just above the driver footwell. If you look from the engine its just to the right of the master cylinder, behind the plenum :) Its black, i just pulled it off then filled it big enough for the boost, oil temp and pressure wires to fit, job done :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Steve, I have my alarm running through that one so its a bit full, can anyone help with removing the inner arch.

cheers

·
Registered
572 Posts
sorry bud, took mine off ages ago and cant remember. Its not hard to do though, just get the wheels off and all will become clear. prob a couple of 10mm bolts and voila! :) id just file the hole a bit bigger (lazy me :))

·
Terry
2,003 Posts
Mine are screwed to the inner lip of the wing once the screw is removed the plastic pulls off, there is a lug that pops into the hole in wing, and a couple of bolts through into the engine bay. Very easy to rmove mate, oh by the way if you have side skirts then they could be located under those 2 screws as well. I dont think there is anything for you to worry about unless someone out there knows different.

But as suggested above maybe it is easy to file out the existing hole or drill another close by.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts