Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Looking to buy my first Skyline Gt-s i want a spec 2 1996.

is there anything i should look out for? ie engine wise or rust issues?

also i see alot with "low miles" as in like 35-50k this seems realy low are these clocked cars? i know u can get millage verified but is that really accurate?

what sort of millage car should i go for?

sorry for all the questions just one more what bhp do they run standard? i take it the 0-60 isnt to quick but is the top end good wher de restricted?

Cherrs Guys

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Hello and Welcome!

I have an R33 Spec2 (96 model), Mine came in with 50k Miles on it (82k ish KM) it should be quite easy to tell how much it has been used by the condition of the inside and outside of the car, mine was spotless really well looked after, although it has had some bodywork repair at some point in its past, (although it has been repaired well!)

there is a buyers guide on the forum that is well worth a read, it includes everything worthy of a check, I would also recommend that if your not a mechanic take a friend who is or at least knows what they are doing,

good luck with the purchase! and welcome to the nut house!

Cheers
Dazzler

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
There's also the owners cars on here to look at as most are very well looked after and a good buy.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
If your buying a car thats been in the uk a while, have a good look underneath it, the japs dont underseal thier cars, and have a look at the rear arches too, 2 of the 4 iv had have rusted there. I wouldnt really be that bothered about mileage, general condition will tell you more about how well Mr Jap looked after the car, also reapirs in japan are often nowhere near as good as in the UK, check for orangepeel paint and slightly different shades on the doors etc, have a good look in the daylight

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Also when you test drive it, really test it, hit the readline, upset the salesman if you have to, some engine problems wont become apparent until its driven really hard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts