Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Ive had my car now around a month and have just noticed the last day that my knock level has gone from around 30/40 up to 95 and 88, in the last 2 journey's where ive gave it some beans.

Ive heard some cars run at 120 knock, but ive not been used to this.

Also, sometimes when i put my foot down to nearly redline, the little orange light on the dials comes on that has a shape of an engine and says 'check'... then once i remove my foot from the accelerater (at redline) it goes off.

This light never stays on and only sometimes comes on at redline for a split second.

I drive an R33, spec is stage 1 apart from FMIC (which ill be purchacing soon), then a re-map at RSP

Can anyone put my mind to rest.... =-)

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Something may have gone wrong in your map, im assuming your using a power fc?

When the engine light comes on it normally means its detected det :(

·
Registered
197 Posts
Dont panic though - could be all sorts of things that aint bad!

when mine was mapped - Clive atthowe set the pfc so that the engine warning light came on when rev was maxing - kind of like a shift light - deffo get it in for a good remap though, they'll find the fault

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dont panic though - could be all sorts of things that aint bad!

when mine was mapped - Clive atthowe set the pfc so that the engine warning light came on when rev was maxing - kind of like a shift light - deffo get it in for a good remap though, they'll find the fault
Thanks guys,,, dont think its too much to worry about... dodgey fuel seems to be the knock issue... hopfully the re-map will sort out the 'check' light on redline (although was an encouraging post from Chilli)... Re-map ASAP tho =-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts